Monday, January 6, 2014

Benefits of Container Gardening at Home

 

This new year, I am thinking of replacing the old containers in my garden with the new ones. I should probably trade those bulky cement garden containers for lightweight, virtually-maintenance-free fiberglass. These mason rectangular corrugated concrete planters are which I bought online and from a very reliable seller. They are made of weatherproof fiberglass, yet they may appear to be a cement garden containers just by looking at it from a far. I think cleaning and replacing the old containers in my garden is actually a good form of exercise in that way I could loose all the belly fats that I have gained through the past holiday celebrations.


Using usually the recycled inexpensive containers filled with suitable soil mix to cultivate crops or flowers in a controlled environment is not new. It has been going for ages now and one of the finest example is the legendary Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Container gardening is not a new concept, but the types of containers that offer the ability to produce unprecedented amounts of foods are indeed revolutionary. As industry has pushed rural folk toward cities, giving birth to the sprawl of suburbia, many people have given up on gardening as a way to provide themselves with safely grown, nutritious produce. In densely packed urban centers, growing any plant can seem nearly impossible. Thanks to the numerous benefits of container gardening.


Lucky for me, I can have both the luxury of soil plotted garden and the container gardening right at the comfort of my own home. It is much easier for me to maintain and redesign my garden anytime that I want to. There are a number of benefits to be had from container gardening, although there are few disadvantages, but they are easily outweighed by the benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment