Monday, August 19, 2013

Pottery Making


When I was a child, I have always wondered how the pots are made. My mom used to tag me along whenever she is buying pots for her plants and flowers at a pottery. They are so beautiful to look at but they seemed so hard to make. While my mom is looking around for pots, I was also roaming around the pottery to see were their workplace is. I was very amazed to see the pots all lined up and displayed all over the place, there are varieties of design, all were handcrafted by their skilled potters. When I reached the end of the pottery, there I saw a small house that is filled with newly made pots, some of them were even broken and some didn't pass the quality test. I also saw an oven, and I heard that they call it Kiln, that is where they put the clay that they have formed. 


I was about to ask the potter, why they are doing that process, but my mom already called me because we are going home already. With that question in mind, I just asked my mom instead. She explained that the kiln is used to harden objects that are made from clay into pottery. Today, there are still great potters but some of them were already replaced by machines to double the productivity and work efficiency. It is always great to see how pottery making has changed globally and has changed the and help the lives of many people all these years. Because of these pots, planters were born. Planters are more chic and modern and are usually used in many establishments as well as at home. If pots are made by clay, these planters are made of different materials, like ceramics, fiberglass, resin, wood and PVC or polyvinyl chloride. 


One example of a planter is the Square Modern Low Bowl Planters, which offers a contemporary twist on the traditional set of planters that are made by Planters Unlimited. It comes in different sizes, depending where you will be displaying the planters and what flower you will be planting. For details about Planters Unlimited and their products, you could always visit their website. Rest assured that their website is secured for online shopping as well as free from any malwares and viruses.

No comments:

Post a Comment