Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bonding Moments With My Loving Family


There are many reason why people have to work, when I was young I could not understand or should I say I do not want to understand why both my mother and father have to work five days a week and sometimes six because they have to do overtime during Saturdays. Now that I have a family of my own, I was able to realize what sacrifices our parents had to deal with to support the needs and wants of our family. I had exactly the same reason as to why I am working now. I wanted to give my son the same thing or should I say exceed what my parents gave me.I thank God that Saturdays and Sundays were created because those days were the only time that our family could bond even while doing the household chores because we work together to finish cleaning the house or doing the laundry. 


Last weeks day off, we decided to watch a movie after eating lunch. The title of the movie was Kung Fu Hustle, it is a 2004 Hong Kong comedy action film directed, co-produced by, and starring, Stephen Chow. We all love watching comedy action films and Kung Fu Hustle was just one of our favorites. We could not help ourselves but to laugh out loud especially me, there was a scene that keeps replaying in my mind and it would really make me smile. It is the scene where the landlady got mad at his husband, the landlord, because she caught him flirting with one of the tenants. She kicked him out of the window literally after beating him up and threw a flower pot right through his head. I was thinking if during there time fiberglass planter and fiberglass spheres were already made for decoration and planting flowers and plants, I don't think the Landlord would be able to live again. But that is not the case, the Landlord is a Tai Chi Master and only the strongest of the strongest could kill him.


When the movie ended, we all had a smile plastered on our faces. I was really touched by how great Stephen Chow turned out to be. From a nobody, who is desperate to join the Axe gang to a hero who stood up against the brutal villain. I just love day offs or rest days or weekends or whatever you may call it because it is also the time that we could finally relax our tired bodies and minds as well as recharge to gain strength for us to be able to face another weeks busy days.


- Co Author, Mariecon A.

No comments:

Post a Comment