Monday, July 29, 2013

Night Out with Friends

 

Manila is a great place to stay either for pure leisure or even for employment. The busy streets and the busy people seem to never sleep. Last Thursday, I went their to visit some of my friends, whom I haven't seen for the past 3 years or more after I left to stay here for good in Iloilo City. I was very happy to see them, although we are missing a few people because of other commitments, but still the feeling is unexplainable. A week before my visit to Manila, I already informed my friends so that they could free their schedules on their rest days. Mitch, have set a dinner date on a Saturday night with me and my husband before we meet up with the others. We all meet at a bar in Eastwood called Kuwago's Grill Bar and Restaurant and ordered some beers and Bacardi 151 shots.


I literally cried after drinking Bacardi 151, it is a highly alcoholic rum made by Bacardi Limited of Hamilton Bermuda with an alcohol proof level of 151 and is 75.5 percent alcohol volume. Afterwards, I felt like my throat is burning because of the shot. I immediately ask the waiter for a glass of cold water, so to ease the burning sensation on our throats. We all have the same reaction after drinking Bacardi 151 and got a little dizzy and swore not to drink it again. We left the bar around 1am and went to McDonald to eat some blueberry sundae which is offered for a limited time only. We sat outside the store because some of my friends wanted to smoke. McDonald's place was surrounded by plants and some were planted directly to the ground while the others are put in a Urban Chic Premier Contemporary Planter which divides the area from the smoking and non-smoking zones. 


We all went home around 2 in the morning and were all tired and dizzy because alcohol. Mitch invited me to sleep at her place because by 1 in the afternoon that day we will watch a movie. With my husbands permission, I slept at Mitch's place. When we arrive at the condo unit that she is renting, I immediately dived into the bed and slept until 8 in the morning and showered to freshen up and went to sleep again. It was late in the afternoon when we left to watch a movie and meet up with our friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment