Monday, June 17, 2013

Ideal Home Gardening




Summer is almost over and I was thinking of transferring some of the flowers that I have planted on a flower pot or any planters but I wanted a creative pot instead of the usual pots that I could simply buy at any local nursery. I was checking online for innovative designs that I could use for a creative planting. While I was browsing through some of the photos I came to realize that I could make use of anything that is readily available at home. So I went to the garage to check out some of the things that I could use for my garden. One I saw that is very popular nowadays for a makeshift pots and planters are the empty 1.5 coca cola plastic bottles. Another one that I saw that would be very useful and can be fun way for planting are the old rain boots. I also saw my neighbor who planted some of the shrubs and bushes on a worn out rubber tire, he just painted the tires and it totally look better. 



Another one that I saw online that really caught my attention are the book planters. Although it is a one of a kind design and looks totally cool but for me I don't think old books should be cut because for me books are very essential for everyone. I'd rather donate my old books because I know one way or another someone could use it and could benefit from it. Meanwhile, I was scanning and looking for things that I could use and turn into a unique planter, my husband arrived and is looking for me, he stop by a hardware shop to buy some materials because he wanted to make a large wooden planters for the shrubs with large root balls and as a tree planters as well. I was very surprised because I didn't think that he would have time for that due to his busy schedule. But, I am happy to know that he would make time in making the wood planters.



I promised to help him out in this little project of his, I know it will be fun and it will be a way that we could bond together with our son. I hope we could finish this wooden planter soon so that I could go back to finding things that I could use for my flowers because rainy season will be here soon and I don't want my precious flowers to die because of the flood that the heavy rain may bring. Any ideas that you can think of for a unique planter that I can just find at home? I'll look forward for your comments. Thanks everyone in advance for your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment