Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Vacation At A Beachfront Hotel

 

As an Asian, there are many things that we should be really proud of and thankful to God because there are so many natural things that He had given us, like our location near the water, the rainforests and a lot more. I have always dreamed of visiting other countries here in Asia because I would also love to explore and see what their country has to offer to tourist. I have been searching online and came across with the Island of Borneo, it is very controversial because the island was divided into three countries, these are Brunei, Indonesia and Malaysia. But the Indonesian claimed that they have largest part in the island of Borneo occupying almost 70 percent of the island. It is said that Borneo is the third largest island in the world and is largest island in Asia. With these said I became more curious of the place. My mom said that elder brother was born in Borneo because she and my father went their to work a long time ago. And if she would have another chance she would love to visit Borneo again.


Balikpapan is a seaport city in Borneo and located on the east coast of the island in the East Kalimantan. They are also known as a resource-rich region because of the timber, mining and petroleum export products. The main transportation ports to the city are the two harbors which are Semayang and Kariangau, they are both ferry harbor and most of all the Sepinggan International Airport. I am looking for tour packages online that could take me to Borneo and especially to Balikpapan. I was mesmerized by the beauty of a hotel and resort called Le Grandeur Balikpapan and they are the only beachfront hotel in Kalimantan. I got so excited and wanted to go there as soon as possible, unfortunately there are no tour packages for Borneo yet. I have to make my own itinerary if I want to go there. It's not really a big problem since I also wanted to stay longer in Borneo to explore more of the island.


I could just book in advance at the La Grandeur Hotel to secure a room for me there. What really caught my attention is the picture of the inviting pool overlooking the beach at La Grandeur. The pool has lighted flower pots and mostly lit during the sunset. I would surely love to experience watching the sunset in Borneo. It would also be a special trip since my husband and son is coming with me. I just hope that everything would go smoothly as planned so that we will be able to enjoy our stay there and I know people from Borneo are very friendly and accommodating so I'm really looking forward to this vacation and a little adventure trip for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment