Monday, July 7, 2014

Traveling To The Countryside Alone

 

It was a rainy Saturday morning and I had to wake up early because I will be traveling for 4 hours to the countryside. I was a bit excited, since I get to travel alone and I will have more time for myself to reflect and to find my inner peace again. I will be away from our busy life in the city just for two days. I left all the responsibilities at home to my husband and son. I hope that they do good on the tasks that I have given them. I will be staying at my friend's house for two days because she will be on a business trip and nobody will be left at her place. That is the reason why she asked me for this kind of favor. I couldn't say no because I know that I also need this time to relaxed and unwind.


Good thing, my son agreed to stay at home with his Dad just for two days. Because, he would usually tag along wherever I go. His dad had to bribe him with playing computer games, so that he will not insist on going with me on this trip to the countryside. Everything is far different from the busy life at the city compared to the countryside. I can smell the fresh air and the hear the different sounds of animals coming from different farms. When I arrived at my friends house, she is already packing her things up and getting ready to go to the airport. She left a list of things that I can do while she is away and clearly instructed me not to do house chores because I am there for a vacation and not to clean her house. I was really amazed seeing how beautiful her backyard is. She is also a plant lover like I do and sharing this same interest made our friendship grew stronger. She has a growing collection of flowering plants and I even saw some rectangular fiberglass planters on the patio full of flowering plants too.


I saw the pair of rectangular planters that I had given her as a gift last year. It is displayed in the middle of her garden and I was really touched by how she treasured and kept that gift of mine to her. I decided to go back inside her house because it started to rain. I sat by a rocking chair that is located near the window while sipping a cup of coffee and started reading a good book that is written by my favorite author Anne Rice. It's gonna be a long 2 days but I know that I will simply enjoy every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment